Charlie

Charlie

Sunday 17 November 2013

Third Shoot

For my third shoot I returned to the pheasant shoot I went to for my cultural descriptions project to tick shots off of my shoot list. I shot a mix of landscapes, closer landscape details, and people shooting. I believe I got some good footage that will be included in my final project.

I ran the Tascam and camera for the length of each drive (around 10-15 minutes each), so I have a lot of footage to select and edit into the final film. Because of the length of the clips, they will be illustrated with screenshots.




















There were two particular clips that I felt deserved to be made into GIFs to demonstrate some movement in the frame.


This GIF includes a pheasant flying through the frame. It is hard to see as it is moving quickly (and the GIF has been slowed down in speed). There were more pheasants flying that did not make it into the frame, as I used my 55-250mm lens, as I thought that would be the most appropriate lens (I was wrong). However, I do like this crop of the tops of the trees, and it is interesting to have some flashes of movement from the birds.


This GIF shows the moment dad killed a pheasant and his reaction to it. I think this is quite a powerful shot as it displays his joy at killing the bird and shows him in the act. This was shot on my 18-55mm lens in order to get a full body shot, and the composition shows the varying landscape in which the shoot takes place (rough ground and woodland). 

I believe I have got some good footage that I will use in combination with the footage I shot last weekend in my final film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment