Charlie

Charlie

Friday 22 November 2013

Narrative Audio

I am thinking about what I would like to include in my audio narrative for my film. As this project has always been quite personal throughout all the changes it has been through, I will keep the audio personal and speak about my own thoughts and experiences in relation to animals.

I will make a list of bullet points of things I want to include. I don't know whether to write out a script, or whether to refer to the bullet points and have more of a free-flowing narrative.


  • Always been friends with animals - Taffy (grandparent's dog, my first best friend), Sultan (rescue horse), Monty and Charlie (my dogs)
    • Taffy would guard my pushchair at grandparent's house, carpet burn story? (wouldn't stop crying until mum took me to see him), good temperament, thought I was his puppy
    • Visit Sultan every Sunday, he'd be happy to see me, I'd talk to him until he fell asleep on my arm
    • Monty and Charlie - best friends, life is better with a dog, losing Monty was one of the most difficult things I've been through
    • Was friends with Wendy the elephant at Bristol zoo when I was a toddler - she'd recognise me and sniff me with her trunk
  • Only made sense I'd end up giving up meat
    • Beef at 11 (cows were favourite animal of the moment), lamb soon after (didn't like the taste), pork after that (same - taste)
    • Gave up chicken on holiday, came home and watched PeTA's "Meet Your Meat" which put me right off of eating "farmyard meat" (poultry and red meat)
    • Pescaterian from August 2007 until 2010, became vegetarian for New Year's resolution
  • After becoming more familiar with animal cruelty charities did I see other forms of animal cruelty I hadn't considered before - it opened doors to changing aspects of my lifestyle:
    • No longer go to zoos - believe if you love animals you'd understand that captivity is detrimental
    • Educated myself on the effects of captivity on orca, as orca are my favourite animal - went to Seaworld in 1999, never again, talk to people about it - went whale watching in Boston this year, one of the best days of my life
    • No longer buy leather or suede products - will only use products bought before I changed lifestyle
    • More aware about testing on animals - use cruelty-free products wherever I can
    • Voted Labour in 2010 general election as they oppose repealing the hunting ban
  • Dad has a lifestyle surrounding shooting, it has caused some conflict before but we respect each other's differences
  • I believe if you love animals as much as you think, you'd try to change your lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment