Charlie

Charlie

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Making My Film

All of the skills I learnt from undertaking the Intro to Premiere Pro workshop came into play when editing this film.

I gathered my visuals and audio, and placed them in bins in the project window according to content ("visuals", "narrative", "atmos", etc). Then to cut the media before placing it on the timeline, I opened it in the source window. After watching through the video, I use the "mark in" button to determine where I want my visuals to start...


... and then the "mark out" button to finish.


The media can then be added to the timeline by using the insert button.

Audio can be edited in the source window the same way as moving image is.



After inserting audio to the timeline, it always appears in the "audio 1" row.


I kept "audio 1" for atmos tracks, and moved my narrative audio segments into the "audio 2" row, as linked video and audio automatically goes to audio 1. To move them, simply drag and drop into audio 2.




Once visuals are in the timeline, the accompanying audio to the clips are in the "audio 1" row and are blue. 


To remove them from the visuals you right click, and select "unlink" on the dropdown menu.


Which separates the audio from the visuals, leaving you free to delete the original audio.


When a clip on the timeline doesn't match the sequence settings, it shows up small in the frame in the program window.


To change this, you right click on the clip...


... click on "scale to frame size"...


And it fills the screen. 

When the film was finished, I rendered the work space, and then went to "export - media", adjusted the output settings I wanted, double-checked they were correct, and clicked "export".

No comments:

Post a Comment