Charlie

Charlie

Saturday 23 November 2013

More audio drafts

This is an alternative narrative audio draft. I wrote it to play upon my own personal experiences and to sound more like a guerrilla film by challenging the audience with questions. I think this is the draft I will use, as I feel it is more powerful and allows me to use more hard-hitting visuals.


Like most kids, I always loved animals. Animals have been some of the best friends I've ever had, dog, horse, elephant... I'm happiest around them. There is not one animal that I believe is more deserving of life. I'm the person who gets people to put spiders back outside, who doesn't kill bugs, who cries when I step on snails.

It would make sense, then, for me to become vegetarian.

Beef was the first to go, because at 11 years old, cows were my favourite animal. Then lamb. Then pork. And after watching PeTA's "Meet Your Meat", poultry went too.

I was pescaterian from 2007 until 2010, when I became vegetarian. Footage of fishing left me feeling guilty, and I didn't want to support that.

People avoid footage like that, as it makes them feel guilty, and they don't want to give up eating meat. If you like animals as much as you think, you would.

How can people who respect animals hunt them? How can you kill something you think is beautiful? How does it make you feel? If you like animals as much as you think, you wouldn't.

How can people knowingly buy products from companies that test on animals? Or wear the skin of an animal that was skinned alive? Is your appearance worth their lives? If you like animals as much as you think, it's not.

When the wild is the best place for animals, how can people go to zoos and not feel guilty?  Artificial conditions, loud noises, lack of stimulation every day. If you like animals as much as you think, you wouldn't go.

Challenge yourself. Look at your life. Our lifestyles are not more important than animals lives. Make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment