Charlie

Charlie

Monday 11 November 2013

Feedback #2

I gave my transcript to Shawn for him to read over, complete with my highlighted sections which indicated what I wanted to focus on and film. We decided that the real meat (pardon the pun) of this project is our conflicting beliefs regarding shooting and diet. Here are some notes from his feedback:
  • STORYBOARD - take control. Make a shot list to plan what shots you want, and get extra shots just in case
  • Re-interview dad about specific bits (highlighted sections)?
  • Conversation of ideas between me and dad
  • Play towards strengths - visual content first
  • Audio - me and my values, entwine that with dad's voice and his values
  • Shots to do with me being vegetarian - Quorn, clothes, posters, etc
  • Don't be afraid to be self-deprecating, be playful
  • Beyond individual politics - it doesn't get in the way of our relationship
  • Moving image diptychs/split screens?
  • Matching things, but different things? (my vegetarian food, him cooking meat?)
  • Relatability factor - most people have different values to their parents
  • Juxtaposition - it doesn't have to be like-for-like shots in split screen, e.g., vegan cookbook and meat cooking
  • Close-ups of dad shooting
  • Accepting each other for who we are - "growing up with our beliefs"
  • Heroic: me as an activist, dad as a hunter/gatherer

To watch:
  • Bedminster Proper
  • My Brother The Islamist
  • Why I Left The EDL - Tommy Robinson
  • Taking Care of Loved Ones - Wes West
  • Timecode (split screen)
  • Sugarwater (split screen)
Before I continue to shoot, I will make a shot list and storyboard the shots, as well as gather "props" for each shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment